TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Terms and Conditions listed below apply only to Kefalonia and Ithaka.
Minimum rental period is five (5) days with acceptable length delay of 1 hour. Any further delay is charged as an extra day.
Driver’s age and driving license
Minimum age 23 years. Driving license must be issued at least 1 year before rental start. Driver must hold a valid European (for EU countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to EU) driving license.
Vehicle delivery and collection
Delivery and/or collection of cars from GEORGATOS PIERROS & SIA E.E office.
Insurance policy and liability amounts
Third party insurance covers: a. Death and injury of third party up to 1.200.000€, b. Material damages to third parties up to 1.200.000€.
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.): The renter is responsible for any kind of damage (due of the renter’s fault) to the rental car up to:
• The maximum amount of 500.00 Euros
This insurance does not cover damages on the bottom part of car (underbody), the wheels, tires, hubcaps, antenna, the mirrors and the interior.
GEORGATOS PIERROS & SIA E.E. may provide a full insurance waiver with 100 Euros excess at a cost of 10 Euros per day (VAT included) for any of its rental cars.
- Additional Explanations:
• All insurances are valid only on the islands of Kefalonia and Ithaca.
• All traffic fines are paid for by the renter.
• Damages to the tyres of the rental vehicle are paid for by the renter.
• Damaged or lost car key is paid for by the renter.
• The fuel is paid for by the renter.
• Excessive dirt (sand or stains from sun cream or salt water in the interior of the rental car) or damages to the interior of the rental car are due to be paid for by the renter.
• Unlimited kilometers.
• 24 hours breakdown assistance on the islands of Kefalonia & Ithaca.
• Full fire & theft insurance.
- Theft Waiver (TW): Full theft insurance. The renter is not covered in case of theft caused by negligence (eg when left the car unlocked or with the key in the ignition switch).
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI): Covers the driver up to the sum of 15.000€ for death, total or partial disability. This insurance has NO extra cost.
- Insurance coverage is not valid:
• when transporting the vehicle by ferry
• if the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• for damages caused by driving on unpaved roads
• for damage on the bottom part, wheels, hubcaps, tires, mirrors, antenna, glass and interior
• for loss of personal belongings
• for accidents caused by a driver not declared in the lease contract
• for loss or damage of the vehicle key
• for loss or destruction of Navi GPS device, child seats, snow chains or other additional equipment
The cost of damage or loss of the car is paid even if the tenant is insured by a credit card or other insurance company. In this case, the tenant is obliged to pay the entire vehicle repair or replacement costs and then ask for a refund from the credit card or another insurance provider.
IN CASE OF ACCIDENT THE TENANT IS OBLIGED REGARDLESS OF FAULT, TO COMPLETE AN ACCIDENT FORM, ACCORDING TO ARTICLE K70 OF THE GREEK LAW.
Car rental guarantee
In order to rent a car a credit card is always required (Visa, Master Card, Amex), even if the payment will be in cash. GEORGATOS PIERROS & SIA E.E will Pre-Authorize the responsibility amount until the end of the rental period.
In a car rental only the driver is covered by all above insurances. If other drivers are going to drive the rented vehicle they must be declared in the lease contract at the start of the rental period. Required documents are identity card or passport and a valid driving license. The additional driver service is FREE OF CHARGE.
On request are available equipment like Baby Seats, FREE OF CHARGE. Due to responsibility issues, baby/booster seats have to be fitted in the rental car by the renter.
Fuel is measured in 8ths. All cars they should be returned with the same quantity of fuel in the tank as on delivery. If the car is returned with less fuel, there is a charge of 12€ for refuel service plus the cost of the missing fuel. Fuel left in the tank is not refundable
Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions
The renters are not allowed to transfer the cars outside the Kefallinia’s island boarders without the written permission of our office.
The cars are not allowed to be used for: Driving outside the Greek borders, driving off-road, carrying heavy objects or bad use in general. Vehicles returned in bad condition and with extremely dirty interior (e.g. food stains, coffee, etc.) will be charged for special cleaning
with cost up to 98€.
In case of an accident, there is a non-refundable fee of 62.00€ in order to cover the administrative expenses.
The renter assumes full responsibility for traffic violations and pays the respective fines. In case that the renter will not pay the fine, GEORGATOS PIERROS & SIA E.E will charge the fine cost plus administrative expenses.
Ways of payment
The rent can be paid by credit card, debit card or prepaid card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners), by cash, bank transfer at least 48 hours before the start of the rental period. To complete a booking a deposit is required equal to 15% of total rental rate.
Regardless of payment a credit card or debit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) is required for guarantee. DRIVE Rent a Car will pre-authorize the liability amount until the end of the rental period.
In case of cancellation up to 15 days before departure date, the full amount of the deposit is refundable. In case of cancellation within the period of 15 days prior to departure the deposit is not refundable.
During receipt of the vehicle a rental agreement is signed and contains the above terms and conditions.